Wowlab offers specialised and general tools that are collected during more than 20 years of building sets, sculptures and scientific installations. It offers a place and events where they can be used or learned. Users can experiment with the tools or use them for their own projects. Wowlab can be used only after appointment but feel free to visit and inquire about Wowlab.
tools at Wowlab:
Main tool: the lasercutter and the CNC router.
The laser cutter is by far the most used tool and most other tools are related to laser cutting, for example preparing or finishing material , sanding, cutting, sawing.
The laser cutter can also be operated from your own laptop if you have the proper software, such as Lightburn.
Suke 1612: 100W CO2, 1600 x 1200 mm working area
CNC router 3 axis BZT PF1400P 1200 x 650 x 130 mm with Suhner router motor UAK 30RF (max 30000RPM, 1600W). The CNC router is operated only by Wowlab.
Lasercutter Rabbit 40W CO2 laser, working area 395 x 265 mm (only on demand)
Felix 3D printer (Only on demand)
- Handtools for woodworking and metalworking
- Various tools, gear for casting plaster and plastics
- Band saw for wood, plastic, non-ferro Metabo BAS 316
- Drill press (large standing workshop model, drill conus 16 mm)
- Hot wirecutter 600W (up to 30 V, 20 A variable)
- Electric handtools: Multitool Makita, screw driver,
- Steel work bench with wrench
- Wood workbench with wrench
- Working tables
- various PC’s, with Rhino7, Adobe PS, Illustrator, Indesign CS6
For the experienced maker / only on demand or only operated by Wowlab due to necessary skill level:
- electric planer Makita,
- Biscuit wood joiner,
- hand router Metabo 1600 W,
- table saw Makita N2407NX
- Mig Mag welding machine ESS Ecomag 304 300 A for steel and stainless steel
- TIG welding machine TOP 166 HF 160 160 Amps
- Plasmacutter (hand, Hypertherm 600 Powermax)
Graphic art / ceramic art
- Etch press for graphic work 38 cm wide
- Curio plotter / paper / foil cutter A3
- Small ceramic kiln Keramisch instituut Haarlem Economy Super (900 degreeC)
- Soldering tools (soldering station 48W, soldering iron 15 , 30, 75 W),
- Lab Power supply Velleman labps 3005D 0-30V 5A
- Multimeter, LC meter.
- Oscilloscope (rigol DS 1052 E, 2 channel)
- Arduino tools and IDE, wire, breadboards, basic components
- Solid Works 2020
- Rhino 3D V5 and V6 with grasshopper plugin
- Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign (version CS6)
- Router software: WinPC CNC (light)
- Laser: Lightburn
- Various open source and freeware 3D programs: Inkscape, sketchup, sculptris, Gimp, Cura & Repetier host, Kisslicer
- Pepakura folding software with vector export license
- Resolume Avenue VJ-software with license
for non commercial use:
For the machines you have to pay an hour price, you also pay for the materials and eventually for operator time if you need more help than just an introduction. You will be charged a minimum price of 7,50 Euro
- small laser: 20 euro per hour (laser-on time, 40 W laser, 39 x 26 cm working area)
- large laser: 30 euro per hour (laser-on time, 100W laser, 160 x 100 cm working area)
- cnc router: 30 euro per hour plus router bit costs
- welding gear: 30 euro per hour plus used material.
- 3D printer: 20 ct / gram (only PLA available)
- operator cost: 30 euro / hour
Training for the laser: (two hour) 75euro pp. Two lasers are available
For commercial use: contact with Wout Zweers or Rolling Hills.