Wowlab offers specialized and general tools that are collected during more than 20 years of building sets, sculptures and scientific installations. It offers a place and events where they can be used or learned. Users can experiment with the tools or use them for their own projects. Wowlab can be used only after appointment but feel free to visit and inquire about Wowlab.
Tools at Wowlab:
Suke 1612: 100W CO2, 1600 x 1200 mm working area
The laser cutter is by far the most used tool and most other tools are related to laser cutting, for example preparing or finishing material , sanding, cutting, sawing.
The laser cutter can also be operated from your own laptop if you have the proper software, such as Lightburn.
General tools and workshop equipment:
- Handtools for woodworking and metalworking
- Various tools, gear for casting plaster and plastics / silicones
- Band saw for wood, plastic, non-ferro (Metabo BAS 316)
- Drill press (large standing workshop model, drill conus 16 mm), (Quantum B32F)
- Hot wirecutter 600W (up to 30 V, 20 A variable)
- Hand wirecutter (Proxxon)
- Small table model hot wire cutter (Proxxon)
- Electric handtools: Multitool Makita, screw driver, various angular grinders
- Sanding machine (stationary belt sander Makita)
- Steel work bench with wrench
- Wood workbench with wrench
- Working tables
- Soldering tools (soldering station 48W, soldering iron 15 , 30, 75 W),
- Lab Power supply Velleman labPS 3005D 0-30V 5A
- Multimeter, LC meter.
- Oscilloscope (rigol DS 1052 E, 2 channel)
- Arduino tools and IDE, wire, breadboards, basic components
- Solid Works 2020
- Rhino 3D V5, V7 latest versions with Grasshopper plugin
- Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign (version CS6)
- Router software: WinPC CNC (light)
- Laser: Lightburn, latest version
- Various open source and freeware 3D programs: Inkscape, Sketchup, Sculptris, Gimp, Cura & Repetier host, Kisslicer
- Pepakura folding software with vector export license
For the experienced maker / only on demand or only operated by Wowlab due to necessary skill level:
CNC router: (Only on demand)
3 axis BZT PF1400P 1200 x 650 x 130 mm with Suhner router motor UAK 30RF (max 30000RPM, 1600W). The CNC router is operated only by Wowlab.
Felix 3D printer (Only on demand)
- Electric planer (Makita)
- Biscuit wood joiner (Ferm)
- Hand router (Metabo 1600 W,)
- Table saw (Makita N2407NX)
- Mig Mag welding machine 300 A for steel and stainless steel (ESS Ecomag 304)
- TIG welding machine 160 Amps (TOP 166 HF 160)
- Plasmacutter, handmodel, (Hypertherm 600 Powermax)
Graphic art / ceramic art
- Etch press for graphic work 38 cm wide
- Curio plotter / paper / foil cutter A3
- Small ceramic kiln (900 degreeC), (Keramisch instituut Haarlem Economy Super)
Some materials are available such as poplar 3mm, birch plywood 3 mm, however: best is to bring your own materials.